20-23 September 2020, Balliol College
Presidential Leadership in a
Time of Crisis and Change
The 16th annual Oxford Conclave will provide a unique opportunity for invited college and university presidents to learn from each other as they continue to lead institutional change in the wake of the global COVID-19 pandemic. This year’s retreat will include sessions with presidential spouses, as well as conversations with leaders at the University of Oxford about their responses to the challenges of 2020.
Presidents’ discussions will reflect on insights gained from experiences including:
- Building trust while making tough decisions.
- Communicating with clarity and confidence in the midst of uncertainty.
- Collaborating with senior leadership teams to plan and drive adaptive change.
- Caring for faculty, staff and students facing challenges in their lives outside of the college or university.
- Keeping actions aligned with values while making unforeseen operational and financial adjustments.
- Establishing a positive vision of long-term success while maintaining realistic short-term expectations.
- Attending to one’s personal and spiritual well-being while supporting the morale and needs of many others.
- Discovering and leveraging the learning, adaptations and innovations that can occur in a crisis.