September 2021, Balliol College (dates to be determined)
Presidential Leadership in a
Time of Crisis and Change
The 16th annual Oxford Conclave will provide a unique opportunity for invited college and university presidents to learn from each other as they continue to lead institutional change in the wake of the global COVID-19 pandemic. This year’s retreat will include sessions with presidential spouses, as well as conversations with leaders at the University of Oxford about their responses to the challenges of the 2020-21 academic year.
Presidents’ discussions will reflect on insights gained from experiences including:
- Building trust while making tough decisions.
- Communicating with clarity and confidence in the midst of uncertainty.
- Collaborating with senior leadership teams to plan and drive adaptive change.
- Caring for faculty, staff and students facing challenges in their lives outside of the college or university.
- Keeping actions aligned with values while making unforeseen operational and financial adjustments.
- Establishing a positive vision of long-term success while maintaining realistic short-term expectations.
- Attending to one’s personal and spiritual well-being while supporting the morale and needs of many others.
- Discovering and leveraging the learning, adaptations and innovations that can occur in a crisis.